What happens when you get saved?
(from the California coast)
Yes, you have our permission to photo-copy and use this Bible lesson in your church or home Bible study or other ministry for Jesus. You do not have permission to sell it or copyright it or post it online.What is justification by faith?
What a great question! So many incredible things happen when you trust Jesus Christ alone and get saved. What follows is just the tip of the iceberg. Please click on the text links for more information.
1. You are placed into the body of Christ. When you get saved, the Holy Spirit baptizes you into the body of Christ - 1 Cor 12:13. That is a spiritual baptism, not a water baptism. Your water baptism is something entirely different from being baptized by God’s Holy Spirit.
2. You are sealed to the day of redemption. Once the Holy Spirit places you into the body of Christ, he seals you “until the day of redemption.” You don't seal yourself - the Holy Spirit seals you - Ephesians 1:13-14.
3. You are kept by the power of God. That means that you have eternal security because you are kept by the power of God, not by your good works, John 10:27-28.
4. You are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit not only seals you but He dwells within you - 1 Cor 6:19. He is the guarantor of your eternal salvation. He keeps you until “the redemption of the purchased possession” - Eph 1:14 which takes place at the Rapture - 1 Thess 4:16-17.
5. You are hell-proof forever. That's why even if a born-again Christian backslides or gets so despondent that (s)he commits suicide, that born-again believer does not go to hell but instead goes to Heaven.
When God saves you He does a complete job of it. Yet our salvation does not guarantee we will never face hardship, trials and great difficulties. People who think getting saved should insulate them from difficulty and disaster are not living in the real world. Life can get messy and being a Christian doesn’t guarantee us freedom from a messy life.
6. All your sins paid for forever. When Jesus died on the cross, all our sins were future. He shed his precious blood to pay for every sin you and I would ever commit - I Pet 1:18, 19. He took God's law - “the handwriting of ordinances that was against us...out of the way, nailing it to his cross.” - Col 2:14
7. Jesus' payment for your sins was accepted by God. The payment Jesus made for our sins was the only payment God the Father could accept. We know God accepted Jesus' payment for our sins because God raised Jesus from the dead - Romans 8:11.
Based only on the sacrifice Jesus made on the Cross and based on God the Father accepting Jesus’ substitutionary death on our behalf, our sins are completely, finally, totally, presently forgiven when we get saved, because Jesus already paid the sin penalty that God demanded and God accepted His payment. Scripture assures us on this point when it says: “having forgiven you ALL trespasses.” - Col 2:13.
8. You are given the righteousness of Christ as a free gift. This is called justification by faith. God forgives and takes away ALL of your sins, past, present and future. In return, God imputes - freely gives you the righteousness of Christ so that it is as if you had never sinned and never could.
This is your standing before God. Your actual state is, you are a sinner saved by grace who still struggles with sin, because you are still in an unredeemed fleshly body. Yet in the eyes of God, you are already as sinlessly perfect as Jesus because you are "in Christ."
9. You get a brand new clean fresh start. “Therefore if any man" (man is used generically here, not limited to males but referring to all human beings) "be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold ALL things are become new.” - 2 Cor 5:17
10. You're already in heaven spiritually. And once you're in Christ, you become schizoid, if you'll pardon the expression. By that I mean that physically, you're still on earth but spiritually, you're in heaven right now, as we speak!
“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” - Eph 2:6
Experience Bible Boot Camp today
Jesus teaches Hell 101
Grab our FREE
Bible study downloads
Return to Sermons
Return to 101 Community
Gay Christian 101 Home Page
This page updated 1-14-2013