Well, getting saved involves more than being a good person. So here's a simple little question.
Saved? Are you good enough
to go to heaven?
Most people answer: Yes. It's easy to figure out if you are a good person by asking a few simple questions.
1. How many lies have
you told in your life?
2. Have you ever stolen anything,
even if it was something small?
3. Have you ever used God's Name
as a cuss word?
4. Have you ever looked at someone
with lust in your heart?
By your own admission
you are a lying thieving blaspheming adulterer and we've only looked at four of the 10 Commandments. On Judgment Day if God judges you by the Ten Commandments, will you be innocent or guilty?
I'll be guilty
As a guilty sinner before God (someone who is not saved), will you go to heaven or hell?
I think I'll go to heaven because God is merciful.
God is indeed merciful but that still leaves you as a guilty sinner before God. How will you get saved so you can go to heaven?
I'll throw myself on the mercy of the court. I'll tell God I'm sorry for my sins.
Okay, let's see if that's an effective plan. You're in court, being tried for murder. You tell the judge, I'm really sorry for killing that guy. Can't you just let me go because I promise I'll never kill again?
Do you think any judge would let a murderer go free just because he said he was sorry and promised never to kill again? Of course not. Courts and judges are all about justice. When we break God's law, God's justice must be satisfied and our sin debt must be paid. "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23
God is the Judge of the Universe. Telling God you're sorry and you won't do it again isn't enough to take away your sins and it's not enough to save your soul.
Jesus died in your place, as you for you!
Why did Jesus die on the Cross?
Most people answer: To pay for our sins. That is true. Jesus took our place as our Substitute, dying as us for us so that we can be saved. All the wrath of God against our sins was poured out on Jesus when He died for us. Jesus took the punishment we deserved and God accepted the payment Jesus made for our sins. To get saved, you need to repent of your sins and receive Jesus as your Savior. Here's the truth we have so far.
1. All of us are sinners. "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23.
2. All of us think we're good people in spite of being sinners. "There is none who does good, no, not one."
3. All of us hope God will be merciful and excuse our sins. "God be merciful to me, a sinner."
4. It's human to think we can get to heaven by being good and doing our best but: "Man at his best state is altogether vanity."
5. That's where Jesus comes in. He gave us the Ten Commandments to show us that doing our best is not good enough. "The law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
6. The law of God, the Ten Commandments, was our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ so we can be saved. The Ten Commandments lead us to Christ by pointing out that we cannot keep ten simple little rules. "For by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight."
7. Once we see that we cannot keep the Ten Commandments, we see the beauty of God's plan. God sent Jesus to die in our place, as our Substitute, to pay for our sins because Jesus was not a sinner; He was God's perfect sacrifice. "Christ suffered for (our) sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God."
8. Then God accepted the payment Jesus made for our sins because Jesus' payment perfectly satisfied God's justice. Because our sins were paid for in full by Jesus, God now has a legal basis to forgive our sins.
9. When we trust Jesus as our Savior, He saves us, forgives our sins and gives us a new life in Christ. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature...
Today, right now, it's time to
Father, I believe that you raised Jesus from the dead to prove that you accepted HIS payment for MY sins.
I open my heart and receive You as my Savior. Lord Jesus, help me live for you all the days of my life. Thank you for saving me and giving me eternal life. Amen."
If you prayed and asked Jesus to save you after reading this, please Click Here and tell us about it.
We have lots of interesting FREE Bible Studies to help you grow as a Christian. As you read the Bible and fill in the answers to the Bible studies, you will be amazed at what you learn.
Your new life in Christ
will not be problem free.
You are beginning a great new adventure with God.
is the Bible.
Rejoicing at sunset.
Remember, when you trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior, it's as if God stamped your sin debt,
“Paid In Full By The Blood Of Christ.”
Your sins are all forgiven and fellowship is restored between you and God. You are free to live a new life in the power of Christ. Let the adventure begin!
Your sins are paid in full.
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life;
and he that winneth souls is wise."
- Proverbs 11:30, KJV
He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood availed for me. - Charles Wesley, 1739
into 90 languages
We are saved:
by grace alone through faith alone
Apr 17, 19 10:18 AM
Romans 1, in historical context, is about ancient Roman fertility goddess worshipers who engaged in shrine prostitution to worship Cybele, not gays and lesbians.
Apr 17, 19 10:13 AM
Gay Christian 101 - Presenting accurate biblical and historical info defending LGBT Christians from those who rip verses out of context to condemn.
Apr 09, 19 11:05 PM
Abomination - towebah in the Hebrew, NEVER refers to homosexuality in the Bible. Discover the facts here.