You'll love Gay Christian 101 because
GC-101 tells you the truth.
The 1st Print Edition of Gay Christian 101 is sold out. I have no more copies of the print edition of my book - they are all gone. I am working on the 2nd Print Edition but cannot say when it will be available.
Simple eBook available NOW
- Assurance that God loves you
- Peace in your heart
- Joy in your life
- Confidence as a Christian
- To know you are not a mistake
- To know you are not a freak of nature
- To know you are greatly loved by God
- To know you are designed by God
- To know God has plans for your life
- Reading this book could change your life
- In crisp readable language, Independent Baptist minister Rick Brentlinger lays out the case from culture, history, linguistics and scripture, for full acceptance in church and society, of gay and lesbian people.
- Gay Christian 101 presents fascinating historical proof that our ancient Jewish and Christian ancestors did not view the Biblical texts as universal indictments of homosexuality.
- Those who were once marginalized - women, people of color, divorced and remarried people - are leaders in the modern church. Gay Christian 101 argues that the trajectory of Biblical truth also supports full inclusion of GLBT believers in the spiritual life of the church.
- Isn't it interesting that there are no BC religious or secular references to Sodom which mention homosexuality?
- Did you know there are at least eighteen variant interpretations of the Holiness Code offered in Gay Christian 101?
- Taking up a challenge from anti-gay author Dr. Robert Gagnon, that any Biblical analogy for homosexual relationships must closely correspond in particular details (including life-long sexual activity), Brentlinger presents five new, scriptural gay analogies which strongly support gay and lesbian relationships.
- Gay Christian 101 makes a strong historical case that eunuchs in ancient times included gay men and lesbians. Jesus points out this fact to His disciples when He specifically excludes eunuchs from participating in Adam and Eve style marriage in Matthew 19:3-12.
Did you know that Jesus met and blessed a gay Centurion and declared his faith greater than the faith of anyone in Israel? Gay Christian 101 gives you the facts. Brentlinger's arguments for a limited interpretation of Romans 1:26-27 vs. the traditional view that this passage condemns all homosexual practice, are compelling.
By listing 15 variant interpretations of the Romans passage, Brentlinger demonstrates that early Christians understood Romans 1 to be prohibiting shrine prostitution.
Many scholars cite Greek lexicons to "prove" that 1 Cor 6:9 and 1 Tim 1:10, use the Greek word arsenokoitai to condemn all homosexual practice. Brentlinger goes beyond Greek lexicons to the ancient sources cited in the lexicons
and lists the first 56 historical uses of the arsenokoit stem (arsenokoitai) to prove that the arsenokoit stem was never used in ancient times as a general reference to homosexual practice.
Gay Christian 101 irritates many traditionalists because Brentlinger cites the written views of Christian heterosexual scholars to support the points he makes defending gays and lesbians. Gay Christian 101 is a fascinating and readable conversation about history, theology and God's truth about gays and lesbians. Brentlinger has made a complex subject understandable and accessible.
If you are gay or lesbian or have a loved one who is, this book will help you reconcile the gospel truth that one can be both gay or lesbian and a Bible believing Christian. Gay Christian 101 is essential reading for everyone concerned with truth and justice.
Rick Brentlinger has served as a Bible-believing Independent Baptist minister, Bible Institute Instructor and Church Planting Missionary. He now ministers in the gay & lesbian community.
It seems to me it would be pretty hard to be a serious Biblical scholar and NOT come to the conclusions the author did.
Being Missouri Synod Lutheran and a lesbian, my religious education has included a lot of scripture study so I appreciate the research that went into Gay Christian 101.
Thank you for the time, energy and inspiration that went into the most complete and affirming book on this topic I've ever read!"
As I communicated to the author - I only wish such a gift as this book was available to me in 1964, as a lonely, confused teenager - sure of what I was, but with no one I could talk to about it. But all things come in their season, and God has ordained THIS time for Rick's excellent work. I shall be ever grateful for it."
He delves deep into scripture and puts it in context. The message I got from the book is that God truly does love me even though I am gay and that I can have a loving relationship with someone of my own sex and a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ.
This is the best book on the subject I have read. If you have gay family or friends who have turned away from God due to feeling that they are condemned to hell for being who they were born to be, I strongly urge you to give them a copy of this book.
This book has helped me greatly! For years I struggled with reconciling my sexuality and my relationship with Christ. Rick's use of historical documentation sheds a lot of light on how the early church and Jewish leaders viewed the various scriptures that are now used against us by our fundamentalist sisters and brothers. This book will be a blessing to you."
She is in contact with other pro-gay pastors and has read a lot but hadn't heard of your book or some of the points you made so I gave her my copy. I need to buy 2 more copies from you. Thanks so much, your book is a real blessing to all Christians." - a medical doctor in California
For example, Brentlinger presented 18 different interpretations of Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13, explaining what type of people believe them, then sorting out and presenting what he believes the evidence shows.
You may even reach different conclusions — there is enough alternative information provided to make that possible — but he does such a good job of methodically making his points that disagreeing with his final conclusions would be very difficult.
I have never read a more comprehensive study of how homosexuality is and is not treated in the Bible than this book, and I suspect you haven’t either." - Jim Johnson, Straight Not Narrow Blogspot. gay christian 101 feedback
You have also done a service to non-Christian gays in that the book will serve to reduce anti-Christian feeling, which is very common in the queer community, by showing that those who preach intolerance are not in fact true to their own scripture." - Toby Grace, Editor In Chief, Out In Jersey Magazine
It is a wonderful intelligent book for any person who is seeking answers to the continued debate around the Bible and human sexuality. Rick knocks the ball out of the park with his knowledge of Scripture and his love for the Bible.
If I could only afford to purchase one book this year, this would be it! Rick, you've done an incredible job.”
He writes from the position of believing that every word of scripture is the inerrant infallible word of God as he ministers in the GLBT community.
The pdf can be read on a smart phone, computer or iPad and PC style tablets or laptop or any device that can read a pdf.
I personally process your order as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours or less and email my eBook to you as a pdf. Thanks for your order. We appreciate your support.
into 90 languages
We are saved
by grace alone
through faith alone
in Christ alone.
FREE Bible Study
Is the Bible
FREE Bible Study