by Rick Brentlinger
(Pace, FL, USA)
The Bible claims to be the true word of God, Psalm 119:160. In this Bible Boot Camp study we learn why it makes sense to believe the Bible. It's best to use the KJV for these Bible studies because some versions like the NIV and the NLT, leave out many words. If you do not have a King James Version, please use the Bible you have available.
Look up the verses to answer the questions. Here is a FREE pdf of this Bible study so you can print it out.
1, The Lord Jesus said that Godʼs Word (the Bible) is _________ (John 17:17).
2. The Lord Jesus also said that the Scripture cannot ___ _________ (John 10:35) and that the Scriptures must be __________ (Mark 14:49).
3. Who supervised the human authors of the Bible (like Moses, Isaiah, David, Luke and Paul) so that the words they wrote were accurate, without errors and exactly the words God wanted them to write (compare 2 Pet 1:21 with 2 Sam 23:1-2)? _____________________
4. The Lord Jesus said that the Scripture must be _________ (Luke 24:44), even every ____ and _______ Matthew 5:18).
Note: A "jot and "tittle" are like the little marks we use to dot an "i" or cross a "t." The Bible encourages us to believe that the every letter and word of scripture is inspired by God.
5. Fill in these timeless truths about the word of God:
a. God's word is _______ in heaven, Psalm 119:89
b. God's word is ________ above His Name, Psalm 138:2
c. God's word is ____ ____ which is why Christians love the Bible, Psalm 119:140, 12:6-7
d. God's word is ____ from the beginning, Psalm 119:160, Genesis 1:1
e. All ________ is given by inspiration of God, 2 Timothy 3:16
6. The books of the Bible were written by human authors but is the Bible just the opinions of men? What did Christians in the Greek seaport city of Thessalonica do that made Paul so thankful? 1 Thessalonians 2:13 _______________
7. As Christians should we have as much respect for God's word as we have for His name (read Psalm 138:2 and 2 Corinthians 4:2)? YES or NO