Why should I believe the Bible?
by Rick Brentlinger
(Pace, FL, USA)
King James Study Bible
The Bible claims to be the true word of God, Psalm 119:160. In this Bible Boot Camp study we learn why it makes sense to believe the Bible. It's best to use the KJV for these Bible studies because some versions like the NIV and the NLT, leave out many words. If you do not have a King James Version, please use the Bible you have available.
Look up the verses to answer the questions. Here is a FREE pdf of this Bible study so you can print it out.
1, The Lord Jesus said that Godʼs Word (the Bible) is _________ (John 17:17).
2. The Lord Jesus also said that the Scripture cannot ___ _________ (John 10:35) and that the Scriptures must be __________ (Mark 14:49).
3. Who supervised the human authors of the Bible (like Moses, Isaiah, David, Luke and Paul) so that the words they wrote were accurate, without errors and exactly the words God wanted them to write (compare 2 Pet 1:21 with 2 Sam 23:1-2)? _____________________
4. The Lord Jesus said that the Scripture must be _________ (Luke 24:44), even every ____ and _______ Matthew 5:18).
Note: A "jot and "tittle" are like the little marks we use to dot an "i" or cross a "t." The Bible encourages us to believe that the every letter and word of scripture is inspired by God.
5. Fill in these timeless truths about the word of God:
a. God's word is _______ in heaven, Psalm 119:89
b. God's word is ________ above His Name, Psalm 138:2
c. God's word is ____ ____ which is why Christians love the Bible, Psalm 119:140, 12:6-7
d. God's word is ____ from the beginning, Psalm 119:160, Genesis 1:1
e. All ________ is given by inspiration of God, 2 Timothy 3:16
6. The books of the Bible were written by human authors but is the Bible just the opinions of men? What did Christians in the Greek seaport city of Thessalonica do that made Paul so thankful? 1 Thessalonians 2:13 _______________
7. As Christians should we have as much respect for God's word as we have for His name (read Psalm 138:2 and 2 Corinthians 4:2)? YES or NO
8. 2 Timothy 3:16. How much of Godʼs Word is inspired by God (breathed out from God)? _____
For how long will Godʼs Word stand (Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:89)? ____________
9. We know that Godʼs Word is true because God cannot ___ (Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18).
10. Many people reject the miracles mentioned in the Bible as too incredible to believe. Did Jesus (God in the ﬂesh) believe these miracles really happened?
a. God created Adam and Eve - Matthew 19:4-5 - Yes or No?
b. The worldwide ﬂood of Noah's day - Luke 17:27 - Yes or No?
c. Jonah swallowed by the whale - Matthew 12:40-41 - Yes or No?
d. The destruction of Sodom - Matthew 11:23-24 - Yes or No?Do you agree with Jesus that these miracles really happened?
Yes or No?
11. Was the Apostle Peter familiar with the writings of the Apostle Paul, 2 Peter 3:15-16? ____
a. Did Peter believe that God gave Paul "wisdom," 2 Pet 3:15, to write what he wrote? ____
b. Did Peter ﬁnd everything Paul wrote easy to understand, 2 Pet 3:16? ____
c. Did Peter believe Paulʼs writings were Scripture, 2 Pet 3:16? ____
12. Does a spiritual person view the things Paul wrote as personal opinions (nothing more than one man's ideas) which we need not believe or obey? Read 1 Corinthians 14:37 and answer YES or NO.
The Bible is Godʼs Word, always true, always helpful if we take the time to read it and always our best guide to living the way Jesus wants us to live.Download our FREE
Bible Studies today
Will you explain
how to be saved?
Return to Bible Boot Camp
Get the facts about idolatry
Return to Sermons
Return to 101 Community
Gay Christian 101 Home Page
Copyright 2010 by Rick Brentlinger