Isn't it all about sex for you gays and lesbians?
No, because being gay or lesbian is an innate sexual orientation, it isn't all about sex. Being gay and lesbian is about emotional, psychological, physical, romantic and spiritual attraction to the same sex.
Why don't you believe
what Jesus said?
Jesus' clear statement in Matthew 19:12, about born eunuchs, is an ancient way of describing gay, lesbian and transgender men and women. Jesus makes a point of including "the other," people outside common sexual norms. Same sex attracted eunuchs
were a recognized group thousands of years ago. Even anti-gay Pittsburgh Theological Seminary professor Dr. Robert Gagnon, the leading anti-gay evangelical author and speaker, admits this ancient truth about eunuchs.
"Probably "born eunuchs" in the ancient world did include people homosexually inclined, which incidentally puts to the lie the oft-repeated claim that the ancient world could not even conceive of persons that were congenitally influenced toward exclusive same-sex attractions." - Dr. Rob Gagnon
With few exceptions, being gay or lesbian is not the result of individual choice. It's an innate orientation, as normal as left-handedness and heterosexuality or blond hair and blue eyes. Gay marriages are not just about sex any more than heterosexual marriages are just about sex. If you think being gay is just about sex, you need to consider whether you have an unhealthy obsession with other people's sexuality.
Intimate relationships, whether we call them marriage or a committed partnership (since gay marriage
is illegal in many places), are about emotional and romantic attachment. They are about emotional, spiritual and psychological support. They are about companionship with someone who matches one's sexual orientation.
Did you read the August 31, 2009, Christianity Today,
article about single heterosexuals and sex.
Here's a brief quote.
"Indeed, over 90 percent of American adults experience sexual intercourse before marrying. The percentage of evangelicals who do so is not much lower.
In a nationally representative study of young adults, just under 80 percent of unmarried, church going, conservative Protestants who are currently dating someone are having sex of some sort."
Did you get that? 79 out of 100 unmarried conservative heterosexual Christians admitted in survey answers that they are having sex without being married. With sex lives that active, how do you straight folks find time to criticize the gay community?
Lately there are hundreds of sex-obsessed female heterosexual teachers in the United States being arrested for illegal heterosexual sex with students. The law in many cases calls their sexual predations rape. Here is the mind numbing list
of these sad heterosexual predators.
Don't take my word for it, take Chuck Swindoll's word. Chuck is Chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary and Senior Pastor of Stonebriar Community Church.
One of America's foremost conservative evangelicals, Chuck warned about the porn epidemic in conservative evangelical churches.
You know how straight christians love to make caustic comments about gays and lesbians. Yet according to Swindoll's Open Letter to the Church in 2003, 50% of the people in evangelical churches including ministers deacons and elders, have a serious porn problem. Swindoll writes:
"An Open Letter Concerning the #1 Secret Problem In Your Church... 1 out of every 2 people-that's 50% of the people sitting in our pews, are looking at and/or could be addicted to Internet pornography.
Stop and imagine the ugly but very real possibility of some of your own elders and deacons leaving your meetings and going home to surf porn. Think about youth leaders viewing it one minute, and leading a small group with your kids thirty minutes later. It's ruining marriages, destroying relationships, harming youth, and hurting the body of Christ." - Pastor Chuck Swindoll
I'll give you a minute to let that sink in. The folks who think being gay is the most terrible thing on earth are sex-crazed and porn-mad, yet their pastors preach against gays more than against sexual sins in their own congregations.
Roman Catholic Bishops
According to lifesitenews.com/ German Catholic Bishops as of Oct 31, 2011, are 100% owners of WELTBILD, one Germany's most profitable book companies. In addition to their many religious titles, they also peddle 2500 erotica and porn titles, many of which are gay erotica and porn, according to published reports from Catholic sources. This from ostensibly heterosexual Bishops and the RC Church which views being gay as "intrinsically disordered." Their heterosexual hypocrisy is salaciously surreal.
According to an August 2011 survey by the Guttmacher Institute, 65% of women who get abortions
in the USA self-identify as Protestant (37%) and Catholic (28%). Did that penetrate your brain? Two thirds of the women getting abortions in the United States are Protestant or Catholic and both groups view themselves as Christian.
Who in the world keeps getting these women pregnant, other heterosexual Protestants and Catholics? Not to belabor a point but transgendered people, gay men and lesbians are not getting these women pregnant. And by the way, are their christian boyfriends paying for their abortions? You folks keep telling us gays are destroying marriage and the family. Really, you're blaming us?
Given these dramatic almost unbelievable sexual sins among sex-obsessed heterosexual christians, one cannot help but wonder why their pastors are not preaching on the heterosexual sin epidemic in their congregations.
Why are gays and lesbians
their favorite hobby horse?
- Because they are classic bigots. Hard preaching against lesbians and gays cultivates an "us against them" mentality in their congregation. It unifies their sheeple against the one group it's still okay to loathe and despise.
- Because they really really love money. Preaching against those horrible homosexuals helps them raise money and in their jaundiced thinking, the more money they raise, the more God must be blessing their "ministry." And they'll even peddle porn to make money for their churches.
- Because they lack moral courage. If they preached against the sexual sins of their own sex-crazed pew-warmers, they'd lose most of their congregation.
- Because they're too lazy to study the Bible. If they studied the Bible in context as God commands them to do, 2 Timothy 2:15, and preached God's truth as it is in Jesus, they would have to toss out all their anti-gay sermons, all their anti-gay jokes, all their "witty" off-hand anti-gay remarks.
- When 79 out of a hundred of their unmarried christian young people are having sex outside of marriage,
- When 50 out of a hundred of their christian men are hooked on porn,
- When some of their christian female school teachers are sexually seducing underage boys,
- When 65% of the abortion procedures done in the Unites States involve their christian mothers and daughters,
- When their christian Sunday School teachers, church workers, deacons, elders and pastors keep getting divorced and remarried,
- When they're 100% owners of erotica and porn peddling companies, like the Roman Catholic Bishops of Germany,
- No wonder they want to divert attention from their porn-pandering, sin-filled lives. Isn't it about time these christians started addressing the tsunami of sexual sin in their own group? One cannot help wondering:
Isn't it all about sex
for you heterosexuals?"
I challenge you to
take the Good Person test
What does a gay Christian
think about pornography?
Why would a preacher constantly
make anti-gay remarks?
Does the Bible say anything about
watching gay sex online?
Gay Marriages are an
important civil right
Return to Gay Christian FAQ
Return to 101 Community
From Isn't it all about sex
for you gays and lesbians?
Gay Christian 101 Home Page
This page updated November 15, 2015